An introduction to appearing in court as a witness
Join us for this interactive session and practical demonstration to find out what you can expect when you appear in court as either a witness of fact or as an expert witness.
The session will cover:
- The differences between the magistrates, family, civil and criminal courts
- The roles of the people in the court room
- Court room etiquette
- Expert vs. opinion evidence
- What to expect during cross examination
Our hosts Wedlake Bell invite you to stay after the session for networking drinks.
Who should attend?
- Members of our Future Fraud Professionals Network
- Anyone else looking to refresh their knowledge or skills.
- His Honour John Anderson, a retired Circuit Judge in the Crown Courts, who regularly conducts seminars for people who are to be witnesses in court proceedings.
- Brendan Weekes, Associate Director, Evelyn Partners (chair)
1 December 2022Time
18:00 (registration from 17:30)Location
Wedlake Bell, 71 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4AYCosts £15 + VAT FAP/FFPN Members; £25 + VAT Non-members