Charity Fraud Awareness Week 2022
17 - 21 October 2022
Charity Fraud Awareness Week (17 – 21 October 2022) is an award-winning campaign run by a partnership of charities, regulators, law enforcers, representative and umbrella bodies, and other not-for-profit stakeholders from across the world.
The purpose of the week is to raise awareness of fraud and cybercrime affecting the sector and to create a safe space for charities and their supporters to talk about fraud and share good practice.
Why is it important?
All charities, NGOs and not-for-profits are susceptible to fraud and can be targeted. Those providing services and supporting local communities may be especially vulnerable to fraudsters attempting to exploit current national and global crises to carry out fraud and cybercrime. This means that now - more than ever - charities need to be fraud aware and take steps to protect their money, people and assets from harm.
Who is it for?
- Trustees, directors, board members, staff and volunteers
- Organisations that represent the interests of the sector and/or act as their voice
- Accountants, auditors, solicitors and insurers acting as professional advisors to the sector
- Regulators, law enforcers and policymakers working to safeguard the sector, and
- Anyone else who wants to protect the sector and the crucial work it does.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive charity fraud updates.